Listed below are what promise to be outstanding cover crop meetings in January 2013. Please make an effort to attend some of these if you can:
- January 3-4 – Central Ontario Agricultural Conference in Barrie, Ontario. I will be speaking at this meeting on “Using Cover Crops for Feed.”
- January 9-12 – National No-Till Conference in Indianapolis, IN. This is a tremendous meeting each year and cover crops are becoming a greater focus.
- January 10-12 – Practical Farmers of Iowa Annual Conference in Ames, Iowa has a big focus on soil health that includes cover crops.
- January 16 – Michigan Agri Business Association in Lansing, Michigan. The agenda of this event is fabulous. I am speaking on “Managing Crop Nutrients: The Importance of Cover Crops.” Dale Mutch from MSU will be speaking on using cover crops to build soil health.
- January 17 – Gibson County Soil and Water Annual Meeting in Princeton, Indiana.
- January 22 – FHR1 in Stewartville, Minnesota is having a 4 day event (21-24). I am speaking on Tuesday, January 22 about planting cover crops to build soil health and profits.
- January 28-30 – Legacy Seeds will be sponsoring meetings in North Central Wisconsin where I will speak on forages and cover crops.
- January 29-30 – No-Till on the Plains Winter Conference in Salina, Kansas is chock full of outstanding speakers including Ray Archuleta, Dave Brandt, and Barry Fisher – among many others who are truly experts on cover crops and soil health.
- January 29-30 – Illinois Cover Crops: Practical Strategies for Your Farm in Decatur, IL put on by the Soil and Water Conservation Society.
I am sure there are more than I have listed here. If you have meetings that you would like to spread the word about, please add then to the “Leave a Reply” area below.